Aug 13, 2008

Cleaning product baby idea

I hate cleaning. The easier it is for me to clean the happier I am. I used to use bleach water and a washcloth to scrub everything. Counter tops, floors, the table, the sinks even the walls if they were not painted. Sometimes I would even use paper towels if it was a small job. DH griped about the handful of washcloths that were strictly for my cleaning. SO I went to paper towels full time. Bleach water and paper towels do not mix period. I tried several different kinds of cleaning products that come in spray bottles....always complaining how I can get everything cleaner, brighter and/or whiter with bleach. Even the product that is bleach didn't do anything for me. And then one cleaning product combined with another. It went from smelling like a cleaning product to smelling pretty darn good. Mr. Clean with Febreeze is now what I use. And paper towels are out with the bleach cause I use that with the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I have used the erasers until they have fallen apart in my hand. Not only does everything get as clean as I like when I do clean...but it makes my house smell oh so nice!

Though I have outgrown my need to clean my floors on my hands and knees using a washcloth. Those days are gone. I use the Swifter Sweeper. My knees are no longer killing me after mopping. And my back is so much happier not having to lug around a bucket and I don't have to keep telling the kids to stay away from the bucket or dumping out said bucket to find toys the boys oh so nicley dropped in.

But do you know what would totally make me one happy mama while cleaning?? If swifter and mr. clean would get married and have a baby. The baby would be the Mr. Clean with febreeze as the cleaning solution used in the swifter mop. I'm forever spraying tough spots on the floor with Mr. Clean as I mop my floor. Sure there is the edge of the sweeper that is for scrubbing but it don't quite does the job without the Mr. Clean.

So please for the love of chocolate marry these two already so they can have the baby so my cleaning is easier and faster! I would even pay in chocolate to have this done sooner than later! Now I have to go do my floors because Gregory's teacher is comeing right after he gets off the bus! With everything else done this is all I have to do!


Note:
I did not get paid for this. I did this all on my own because I despise cleaning and have found products that I love to use while cleaning and makes the job easier. While cleaning I came up with this idea and wanted to share it hoping that maybe just maybe the product owners would read my plea and make my idea a reality. And I barley talked about the kids which means I revealed more about myself. Again no payment in chocolate coffee or money brought this post on!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you crack me up! I love the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser~it rocks! I still mop on my hands and knees. I use Mr. Clean multipurpose cleaner and microfiber clothes. Happy Cleaning :P

Leah said...

I love love love my Shark steam mop. Just pour a little water in and my floors are clean!

I also mix vinegar and water and clean my counters, spot clean the floor, and basically clean everything else (besides bathrooms) with vinegar and water. Cheap and works ten times better than any product I have ever used.

Anonymous said...

And paper towels are out with the bleach cause I use that with the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I have used the erasers until they have fallen apart in my hand. Not only does everything get as clean as I like when I do clean...but it makes my house smell oh so nice!

I have tried this product a few times and just find that it does not seem to work for me. I do love my swifer wet jet but unfortunately do does my two year old who is forever squirting the liquid cleaner.

momto4kidsny said...

eeyore: LOL I aim to crack you up! Cleaning is a happy chore with my favorite products!!

leah...I might look into the Shark steam mop. I have tried to clean with vinegar and water before and the smell just makes me reclean everything. Maybe I used to vinegar.

renee: The eraser by itself does not work for me either. I spray everything down with Mr. Clean first and then use the eraser. The combo gets the job done well! I have the wet jet and just the sweeper one. I prefer the sweeper over the wet jet for that very reason! The kids love to squirt out the solution so I no longer use it.

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of Swiffer products as you know, but I have to admit, I don't love the cleaners that come with the Swiffer Wet Jet. I know dirt is coming off the floor, but the floor always dries in streaks and I end up going over some spots again. I agree that having Mr. Clean (which I use diluted in water to mop bathroom floors and wipe down the toilet) in the Wet Jet would be an awesome "marriage" !