Aug 14, 2008

The countdown as begun. In 2 weeks and a few days school starts back up. Sam will be going off to school for the first time. Hubby and I have talked about this just about every night and he has decided it's time for me to get a hobby. I told him I have one...this here blog and everything that goes with this here blog. And he told me it's good that I have this one but he wants me to pick up another one that does not involve the computer. He wants to me to make stuff with my hands. I'm not artistic at all. Sam can draw better than I can. And that is pretty sad. He had me look online to see if there is something out there that I want to pick up.
I have tried to learn how to crochet...failed.
I can sew but the sewing machine that was given to me I can't figure out how to use because it's really old. For some reason what I do know does not work with this model. My MIL plans to show me how to thread it and use it when we move.
Then I came across bead work. This looks like something I could do and could easily teach myself. Cause it can't be that hard now can it??
Here are some books I found and DH is going to order them for me. I thought I would share in case anyone else might be interested too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks like fun~I might have to try it myself. Thanks for sharing. And your DH is really sweet to think about your need to fill the space when kids go to school~it isn't always easy.