Mar 2, 2008

Updates

Curtis is doing well in school. However he is having issues with focusing and staying on task. (Like I didn't know that). The teachers want him back on meds for adhd but we went that route last year and it didn't go so well. He was either sleeping from the time he got home from school until it was time to get up the next morning for school or he was able to stay awake and was an emotional wreck. The smallest thing would set him off into a crying fit. He was also throwing himself around and bruising himself up. His legs and arms and forehead were covered in bruises all the time. I am so not ready to go back to that. Will have to figure out something else to do.

Gregory is doing alright in school. There are talks that he will repeat kindergarden. I am thinking that we just might have him repeat to give him a better start. Will have to see how they take to that.

Both boys are doing summer school this year.

Sam is talking up a storm. I can't seem to get him to stop either. He is also wanting to learn how to count. His counting goes like this 1, 2, 5. He is also wanting to learn how old he is. I tell him 2 and old up 2 fingers and he does the same. Then he says "I am 5" He is fasnitated with the number 5 right now. Everything has to happen in 5's.

The kids are being real troupers for me. I can barley talk. I look like I have a golf ball in my cheek. And when daddy is not here I have to check on the kids all the time because they are too quiet when all they are doing is playing nicely with each other. I don't have to break up fights. I don't have to do anything but cook for them and get them drinks. When it's time to read books Little Curtis gathers up a huge pile and he reads to them. I don't ask. In fact I barely say anything to them. I can only hope this continues even when I don't have a golf ball in my cheek! And here I thought that I would just make matters worse for me this weekend with daddy working all day today. Boy was I wrong! I so love being wrong like this!

4 comments:

Jules said...

Well it's nice to see that your kiddies are "helping" you out. Hope you're feeling better and less "golf ballish" soon. :)

Just Because

Beth Anderson said...

If you ever want to talk...my son is ADHD and been on meds for 11 years and I'm a first grade teacher.
mychicthings(at)sbcglobal (dot) net
Beth

J said...

feel better soon!
I know with Jon everything is 2 or green...ahhh they can only get away with it for so long!

Becky said...

Thank you all for the well wishes!! I will return the favor if I haven't already!!