Sep 5, 2008

Do you hear that?!?!?!?

Silence. Complete silence.
It's so quiet here this morning. The kids are in school. Hubby is at work. The tv is off. The only sounds that I can hear is my tap tap tap on the keyboard, the occasional car drive by, the door to the post office opening and closing, car doors closing and the hum of the computer tower. I did not know that I could hear the door to the post office closing much less the hum from the tower. I keep waiting for a Mommmmmy to break the silence or for someone to jump off the top bunk in the bedroom above my head. I have 3 hours to do anything I want and I have things I want to do, stuff that I really should get done and yet I have no idea what to do first. Even as I sit here wanting to write this morning before I do anything my mind is blank. Blank? It's been so long since I could say that I don't have a thought or something to say, that I am clueless. I have dreamed of this day and feared it all at the same time. And now it's here. WTF do I do now?? Looking around I have laundry, dishes, vacuuming, sweeping,mopping, a desk to declutter, books waiting and calling for me to read, blogs to read, and a table that needs to be decluttered as well. And I don't know which one I should do first. I actually have the time to pick something and do it and then pick something else. Where as before I just did it because it had to be done and I could not think about it. Now? I can think and then do. This is so awesome that it's almost freaky to me.
Who knew that going from kids in the house to being left alone, completely alone would be overwhelming?
Not me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean. Enjoy your freedom!

LuAnn @ BackPorchervations said...

Right now, I'd like to bathe in a River Nile made entirely of chocolate. *sigh*