Jul 3, 2008

Sleep Much?

Sam is now 3 and with being 3 comes new phases. For some reason Sam will no longer go up to bed to fall asleep. So okay this has been happening for 2 weeks now but still. What do you do when your 3 yr old can climb over the baby gate??? Raise it up a little higher? Nope cause too much higher and he can crawl under. So now he is laying on the couch or in my bed until he falls asleep because it's easier. I have watched Supper Nanny and I have seen show after show where she tells the parents to take them back to bed each time they get up without talking to them and after 3 or 4 times the child stays in bed and goes to sleep. Let me tell you they must be doing some serious editing there. I have spent 3 hours taking Sam back to his bed without talking to him. And the end result? He was back on the couch. This was last night. I sat on the couch with him and within minutes he was asleep and within minutes I was online reading blogs. I went and visited Honey Bell. This post had me laughing so hard I woke the boy up. I was trying to leave a comment for her telling her how funny the post was but I had Sam pulling on my arm saying Poo. I asked him if he had to poo and he said Nooooo Not. Asked him if he was done...NOOOOO NOT! I checked him and sure enough he was done. So I changed him and laid him back down telling him I would join in a few minutes. I got my comment posted and went back to the couch. A half hour later we were both in bed.
I have no idea how I'm going to get Sam to fall asleep in his own bed again. But what I do know is that I'm not going to read any funny posts until Sam is in his bed! And Supper Nanny is so edited that there is no way you can apply her methods in your home on your own. You need Supper Nanny there with you!

2 comments:

Honeybell said...

I hereby promise to no longer be funny. (yeah, right).

momto4kidsny said...

Honeybell....don't ever stop being funny...ever! LOL see you can't even be serious!