May 14, 2008

Sam and what we are doing to help him.....

So Monday I went to Sam's meeting to discuss our options for him as far as getting him the help he needs....special ed, occupational therapy (OT) speech therapy (ST) and getting the physical therapy eval done as well. I knew going in that his chances of starting preschool now were slim with school just about over with. However I had high hopes that he would at least start preschool in July for summer school. There is nothing like having your hopes being squashed. They might not be as high as they were on Monday morning...they are still there. We have time to document any regression he could very well show between next week and end of June. So how do we get this down on paper for him? Starting next week we should have a team together for him to get his services home based. So ok not quite what I was looking for or wanting for Sam but its something and its a good place to start! 2 hours once a week a special ed teacher will be coming to the house to work with him. 2 times a week for a half hour each an OT will be here to work with him. And 2 times a week for a half hour each a ST will be coming to the house as well. My blogging will be cut back even more than what I have been doing lately. I don't like to not be blogging the way I used to do...however I have some therapy ideas to be doing with Sam so I am working with him on my own until the team can start coming here! I don't plan to shut down at all just will be doing less blogging. I don't like it but right now Sam needs me more than this blog does! I hope I don't loose the readers I have now because of this! Even if I am not blogging here I still try to read blogs when I have the time.
I'm playing with the idea of blogging about Sam's therapies. Just not sure if you all want to hear about that. Will have to see when the time comes! Everyone else is doing great! Well I'm off now to do some rough housing with Sam and some crafts too!

4 comments:

Honeybell said...

You are a fantastic mom. I wish all the best for you, Sam, and the rest of your family. Those little folks are lucky to have you!

Trish said...

Even if you don't blog about the therapies, definitely take notes and write down his progress and difficulties. It will help you going forward and it is also amazing to look back later at how far you have come. :)

Good luck with the July preschool. I know it is frustrating dealing with all the bureaucracy!

momto4kidsny said...

Honeybell....thanks. There are times when I feel that I am not doing my job as Mom the best I can....especially when I find out that another one of my children is delayed. It's like a blow to the gut when you get this news for a third time. However I have been told that boys are more apt to be delayed than girls. Guess my boys prove this theory! LOL. It's great to hear that I'm doing a good job! Thanks!

momto4kidsny said...

wheresthebox: I will blog about the therapy here. Not so much the ins and outs of it just the progress Sam makes. I don't do good with writing on paper. Can't loose the blog as easily as I can a notebook....LOL. And dealing with bureaucracy is a pain all right!