Since tonight Hubby is working over time do to a special dinner he has to make and won't be home until 11:30 pm or later I figured I would share some of my very real fears. It took me forever to find the terms for my fears and now that I have I want to share them. I'm bored can you tell? LOL
So here goes:
1. Acrophobia- Fear of heights. This is a big one for me. Ever since I can remember I have been afraid of heights. Crossing bridges scare me though not as much as it did when I was little. Rides that take you up in the air....never been on them. Flying never have and never will. Though flying is one in itself.
2. Achluophobia- Fear of darkness. I never ever never walk outside in the dark alone. I don't like it. My heart races even when someone is with me. I can't walk into a dark room. Hubby has to turn the lights off downstairs after I am upstairs in our room with the light on and the tv on. I set the sleep timer on the TV to turn off after I am asleep because I can't go to sleep in a dark room.
3. Aichmophobia- Fear of needles or pointed objects. Just the needles for me. I can't stand needles. They make my blood curl just thinking about it.
4. Autophobia- Fear of being alone or of oneself. I don't like being alone in a house by myself. You can't say that I am alone right now because I have yet to put the children to bed. Though since it's 9:51 pm est as I write this up they do need to go soon. Just the thought of them going to bed is scary to me.
5. Aviophobia or Aviatophobia- Fear of flying. See I told you this was a fear all by itself. Though the fear of heights plays a major roll in this fear. I have told Hubby that if he wants to go somewhere far away from home we will have drive there. And if the oceans are in our way? A boat will work. Or he can have me sedated put me in a box and ship me that way.
6. Scelerophibia- Fear of bad men, burglars. Being that I am out in the middle of no man's land I fear someone breaking into the house. Lots of things come to mind when I am here with just the kids late at night. All windows and doors are locked and I have the phone next to me.
And there you have it. All 6 of my fears all laid out. What are some of your own fears?